Wednesday, 4 January 2012

An Introduction


My name is Beth, I am twenty years old and I am in my third year at Central Saint Martins studying Criticism, Communication and Curation: Art and Design. I am aware that the blogosphere is supposed to make thing easier for people starting out in the arts world, however for me it's made everything so much more intimidating. As a result I have put off making a blog with any of my work on for quite some time now. However in the spirit of the new year I have decided to give it a go. As a result I intend to use this blog as a space to store my art, photography and writing, using it as an incentive to develop my work.
I particularly want to use this blog as a motive to explore fashion and photography more. For in our lives so much of our identity is defined by images, the images we capture both of ourselves and the world around us. This is a concept I've really struggled with and has actually made me even more withdrawn. For to be seen as 'unphotogenic' is to be part of the 'undead' of our society, we do not exist in reality for our reality is defined by images. However, rather than becoming lost in this intimidating spectacle through this blog I hope to able to utilise image making in order to critically negotiate both my identity and my work.

1 comment:

  1. good decision, imo.
    i keep my work separate, but if i didnt, it could be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete