Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Christmas at Bristol Parkway Train Station





















 





Christmas at Bristol Parkway Train Station, December 2011

I'm aware Christmas is long gone but have only just got round to uploading my photos (because I'm organised like that) and discovered this gem. I took it when I'd just got off my train from London and thought the tinsel round the assaults sign was simply the most fantastic thing I'd seen. The juxtaposition is just so striking. I also like the fact the angel ornament appears to be staring blankly at the sign. In regards to editing I was kind of thinking of Martin Parr's own heavily saturated portraits of the South West, particularly his recent retrospective at M Shed. The corner should perhaps be cropped slightly which I may update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment