Saturday, 31 March 2012

Fragile Masculinity

So much of my research and work for uni seems to be exploring the position of the girl as an internalised malady. Yet, with the Ardorous and Rookie and Meadham Kirchoff, and just teen tumblr culture in general, it makes me question whether there's all that much actually left to explore in my own work. I mean for critical writing and curatorial practice there definitely is, but for my own actual aesthetics and art work I'm not so sure. I don't mean that it in a bitter way, I love all of things mentioned above, I just feel like I need to approach things from a different angle. This is what led me to start exploring the culture of masculinity, a topic which, self reflexivity wise is actually way more relevant to my own identity. I'm really excited to explore the topic in more detail, but, for no, have a rather far-reaching moodboard type thing.







Shana Sadeghi-Ray, We’re All Friends Here, Shana Sadeghi-Ray, KoRnKob, collage, Nir Hod, Forever 2002-2003, Yayoi Kusama, Accumulation #1, 1962, Aurel SchmidtAurel Schmidt, Peyton Turner, Grayson Perry Motorbike, David Shrigley, Louise Bourgeois. Little Girl. 1968. Minna Gilligan, Carvaggio, Kurt Cobain, Doughboy, Cy Twombly, Boyz n the Hood, Cy Twombly





No comments:

Post a Comment