Thursday, 22 August 2013

#thirdworldproblems


Third world girl with access to MacBook Pro takes selfies to deal with Syrian Civil War. Because photo essays aren't cutting it today I put together outfits with red eyeshadow. But I live in white suburbia, England. Not in Damascus. Not in Africa. And everything is stupid and why, oh why, do I own a hawaiian shirt. Because Leonardo Di Caprio in Romeo and Juliet was the first boy to discover Hawaii. So I put it on and I go on photobooth and think about  the end of summer and tourism and palm trees and the It's a Small World ride at Disneyland and people of color being magpies for the cultures of other people of color. The background on macs intrigue me the way they break up and fade away. Broken up beaches to make mixed girls with light skin (mac book flash is my fair and lovely) look exotic and In Touch With Their Culture. Or at least someone's culture. It's all the same really. And there wasn't a background for burying the dead. Sorry about that.





Also 100% credit to Arabelle whose Lady Vengeance Looks was the inspiration for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment