Monday, 30 September 2013

Tokophobia


Another 'let's shove a tutu up my clothes and pretend it's Comme in an attempt to procrastinate packing' post.

Mosaic dress is by Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, I made the skirt myself when I was like 14 out of fabric I bought on holiday in Cornwall and the converse are well...they're converse. No cool back story there. Oh and of course the big red tutu underneath is from my attic. Exclusive!

Aside from the obvious lumps and bumps reference, and again Arabelle's recreation of it, I was also thinking about Cher in Clueless, I mean when isn't she a valid reference for an outfit post?! Riddle me that! Rosemary's Baby, trangsty nightmares about being pregnant (gag), the Rave Nana collection for this season's House of Holland, Rookie's Transformation theme and the rainbow girls of Comme S/S 1996.


Freakishly long arms a la Mr Tickle= the formative aesthetic of a/w 2013

My creation had unravelled by this point, tutu trying to escape the womb of my dress. Gross.


Also I watched Tavi's lecture from the Sydney Opera house (which is amazing and you should stop what you're doing and watch it right now) and I was so happy to see my lil art piece included in it! I srsly danced for joy. No lie. 

Hope you guys are having a super duper Monday, or at least not a totally terrible one.

Love always,

Bethany

1 comment: