Friday, 3 January 2014

Little Deaths: Small Term Solutions to Suicide



The Incredulity of Saint Thomas - Detail - Caravaggio 1601-02

tw: suicide, depression

Playing with a pet is not enough, and perhaps you don't own a pet. Or I don't. I don't know. Taking a walk is not right either. I don't have a lawn to trim, and if I do, I do not care to. Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem. But if executed properly it can be a short term solution to a long term problem. That makes no sense, but stay with me. What depression needs is a little death (a little suicide). Napping is a little death, staying in bed all day is a slightly bigger little death, falling asleep in a bath with the lights out is a little death. Sometimes self care does not work you (I) just need to die. But that death does not to be of the ugly kind. Make it a little death. And then come back like Christ. They can poke at your absence if they like, and they will, and that is not a bad thing. Not the worst thing.I have died a lot of little deaths to avoid a big one and when I sleep my bed is a little grave and daisies come out of my mouth. It is very nice, much nicer than slitting my throat like a pig and making people sad. I would not like that so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment