Saturday, 4 October 2014

A Study in Sheer












I like wearing sheer because it is:
a. like a cat in a well lit window
b. it's cute, and yohji-ish
c. as long as its not the short at the front, witch-long on the back, its not a 2012 throwback
d. a promise that does not deliver, a deliver that does not promis(I forget which order but i am certain that all clothes are this-sorta kinda-to who? to me of course!)



Rachel Rutt by Ben Sullivan, mark borthwick for i-D, kate middleton,  can’t go home, angels ribĂ©, 1977, Fleamadonna dress, Ming Xi for the Vogue China April 2014 issue, photographed by Nathaniel Goldberg and styled by Julia Von Boehm





2 comments:

  1. The last dress is so cool but tbh I'm awful with sheer, I can't make it work! I have one dress with sheer black sleeves though and those sleeves are way cute. It's like having to wear two outfits at once and make them match idk I can't do it. I love it though, as a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes it is totally wearing two outfits! (Unless you wanna wander round in your underwear which isn't really a feasible look for me haha!) So yes 100% awkward and sometimes uncomfortable but that is kind of why I love it haha? I love how useless and impractical it is! I love ridiculous fashion, useless fabric, pockets that don't work, it all fascinates me and charms me in a way I can't quite explain! It's like that bit in the tim burton version of charlie and the chocolate movie (itself a wholly useless adapatation!) When Mike Teevee is looking at all the weird sweets and is like IT'S POINTLESS and then Charlie is like 'but candy doesn't have a point, that's why it's candy!' That's how I feel about sheer, and just fashion in general! XOX

      Delete