Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Doll Hospital Issue One is On Sale Now!!!! EEEE!!!

I'm thoroughly thrilled to announce that the Doll Hospital shop is now live!

You can grab your print copy of the issue from this Saturday at 9am GMT time, though if you don't want to wait digital copies are out already!


In this issue, as well as y'kno the editor's letter and what not, I wrote an essay on suicidal ideation and digital culture, had some intense real talk with Eline and Ginger about the capitalist pitfalls of self care and the 'treat yo self' narrative, interviewed the author Kate Zambreno about the representations of women and mental health in writing, profiled the a+ art collective the Coven and spoke to the artist Angela Deane about ghosts, photography, grief and memory.


Here's a little video of me flicking through the first issue ^o^



....And some pretty pictures of the journals themselves





Opening them up was a scary situation to embark on alone so I hosted a little google hang out with Cassie, Ginger, Maggie and Cat, all a+ magical girls from the DH editorial team  ❤  


Pickle was there too!


And I dressed up because OF COURSE


This angle is super flattering is at allows me to flaunt my deformed spinal cord! Yay! And also owww!


I actually made this dress out of curtain fabric!!


LOOKING INTO THE DISTANCE OF DH'S GLITTERING FUTURE IN A GLITTERING CROWN!! YEAH!!!

p.s I know this blog has been quiet for a few weeks which I hate as blogging is my fave :( But I've been seriously snowed under with phd applications and dh stuff which, though awesome and important, is a huge time suck! But dw I will be back to regular blogging (and also catching up on all your lovely blogs!!) next week!

Hope you're all well!!!

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. your plaits: umm cute alert or WHAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ily u Lil!!!!! and u deserve all the gross snail themed horror manga this valentines day!!!! XXXX

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on publishing the first issue of Doll Hospital and thank you for discussing (destigmatizing) mental health.
    Also, absolutely adore your dress. :]
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I believe you ordered a print copy of dh from kickstarter? I posted it last week can't wait for you to get it!!! :) XOX

      Delete
  3. I received my copy in the mail last week, it's amazing, I love it so much, thank you! I made a little blog post on it, I hope that was OK.
    It's amazing how this project has taken off <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course!! I love it and just posted a comment actually!!! And aaa I'm so happy you like it :'))) XOX

      Delete