Monday, 13 April 2015

Hidden Visions (Starts tomorrow finishes Sunday! Yay!)



The more the artist is suffering, the less creative he is going to be…I like to think that Van Gogh would have been even more prolific and even greater if he wasn’t so restricted by the things tormenting him. I don’t think it was pain that made him great — I think his painting brought him whatever happiness he had.
David Lynch, Catching The Big Fish

The pulling teeth procedure of making art of illness is an unpleasant one, an unwanted one. Something I think about a lot. So I'm super honoured and excited to be a part of Hidden Visions, an exhibition of seven young artists dealing with mental health struggles. The show is curated by my dear friend Lizzy, who runs the blog Gallery Girl which you should check out for sure! The show opens tomorrow, and I'll be hanging out there on Sunday afternoon 1 til 5 if you wanna say hi!

The show takes place Tuesday-Sunday at Chelsea Gallery on Kings Road and the opening times are as follows:
Tuesday: 9.30am-8pm
Wednesday: 9.30am-5pm
Thursday: 9.30am-8pm
Friday: 9.30am-5pm
Saturday: 9.30am-5pm
Sunday: 1pm-5pm
Oh and here is a selection of work by some of the amazing artists I'm sharing space with!
(I will add more photos as I go!)


John Michael Taylor
Tom Plumptre

Maeve Buckenham

Miranda Chance

Stephanie Linne


Darcy Keverian

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. OHMIGOSH WELL DONE WELL DONE! :) :) That exhibition looks AMAZING :) xoxo And so relevant right now too.

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete