Thursday, 30 April 2015

the snoop snoop song

 






I had a panic attack in this outfit which perhaps counteract the peppy ootd vibe, but I think you can articulate anxiety in novelty tights and bright colours as much as frowny face trench coats and post grad pony tails.  This is not to over intellectualise stripy snoopy shirts, a lens of thinking I broadly dislike, but rather to remind all the fake deep sh-umper (shirt + jumper) dudes that all fashion is basically candy coated anyway! Doing my make up helps me with anxiety, listening to bowling for soup helps me with anxiety, Schopenhauer does not help me with anxiety.




Also adventure time socks!!!






tropic of cancer (currently reading), peggy noland candy crush tee (LOVE), X, holy mountain poster, seventeen 1961, ladies and gentlemen the fabulous stains, The Big Lebowski by BChapman

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, for me strangely, panic attacks remind me of bright colours anyway-almost too bright, if you know what I mean, when sensory takes over. :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable outfit. I have been asked if I'm so self-conscious of people looking at me and have anxiety, then why do I dress so bright? To which I answer that I'd still feel the same no matter how I dress, so I might as well wear what I want! It bugs me that sometimes people feel that you deserve to feel that way for wanting attention, when that's not the case at all. Bright colours and cute outfits help with anxiety, not cause it :) xx

    ReplyDelete